Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Inspiration

Last night I decided to sit down and try to do some writing, little did I know what would come pouring out.  I began by attempting to work on a poem I had started a few weeks earlier, but with no luck.  In frustration, I began surfing Facebook and Twitter, just hoping to find a distraction.  What I found instead was inspiration in the form of a friend's photography.

I've always enjoyed photography myself, though I've never really owned a camera.  There have been countless opportunities to change that, but I've never taken the time to learn enough to make an informed choice as to which camera would suit me best.  It's a shame too because there have been quite a few instances were I found myself wishing I had a camera.  I sometimes think it would be fun to go out and explore my neighborhood in search of a beautiful photo; I am always impressed by anyone who can capture the essence of a thought, feeling, place, etc. in a picture.

Anyway, so I was flipping through some pictures when suddenly, I was bitten square on the butt by the inspiration bug.  Now I'm not the type to share unfinished work (sorry), but what I have so far is very promising and I fully expect that when it's finished it will be one of my favorite pieces.  I have been brainstorming all day at work in hopes that when I go home tonight I will be able to get some more lines on paper.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment