Friday, February 3, 2012

About Last Night

Let me start by saying that my Friday did NOT get off to a good start.  When I got up this morning I went downstairs to unplug my iPod from its charger and the stupid thing froze up on me.  I tried everything I could think of to get it unfrozen; I tried plugging it back into the power source, holding the power button down, holding the home button down, messing with the volume, yelling at it.  But nothing worked, so I decided to starve it of power and just wait for it to turn off.  Now I'm just hoping that the darn thing isn't dead.  I have a lot of information on that puppy that I would prefer not to lose.

Anyway, on to some other recent happenings.  Went out on several occasions this past week and added some beers to my repertoire.  Monday was trivia at the Market Cross Pub in Carlisle, which is always fun in its own right, but it's even better now that I've gotten into drinking beer.  If you like beer, the Market Cross Pub is for you.  They have over 150 different kinds of beer!  This week I tried two new beers, Victory Golden Monkey and Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat.  Golden Monkey has a very high alcohol content and a decent bite to it, so it wasn't one of my favorites.  The Sunset Wheat on the other hand, was delicious.  It is smooth with a slight blueberry aftertaste; it's definitely one of my favorite beers so far.

Last night Nikki and I went to the Brewhouse Grill for dinner and while the food wasn't all that great, the beer I had was pretty good.  With my Tri Tip Sandwich I had a Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout.  This was my first experience with a stout so I was a little unsure going into it, but it turned out to be right up my alley.  It kind of tasted like what you would get if you mixed Coca-Cola and beer, very smooth and slightly creamy with a very  minor bite.

After dinner, we stopped at Wegman's and I did a create-your-own-six-pack, which I didn't even know was possible because I had no idea Wegman's could sell alcohol in PA.  Anyway, I am very excited to try some of the newbies.  I am also thinking of making trips to Wegman's a weekly or semi-weekly occurrence.  I fear I may be becoming an alcoholic :-).

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about your adventures in beer. Leinenkugel is DAMN GOOD. Sunset Wheat is classic. In the Summer, they have a brew that's mixed with lemonade. It's very refreshing.

    And I love creating my own six-pack at Weggie's! Brad and I used to do it most Saturday nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad my blog is at least entertaining someone. Leinenkugel is definitely my favorite brew so far. Are you referring to their Summer Shandy? I always use to hear commercials on the radio for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm only just responding to this now! Yes, the Summer Shandy...I couldn't think of the name at the time. It's good, but I recently found a recipe for it in one of my magazines. It's obviously easy...beer and lemonade. I'm curious to make it when Spring is actually here.

      Delete