Friday, April 6, 2012

Drive

Lately I’ve had this feeling like I need to go somewhere, somewhere new, somewhere strange and unfamiliar.  I don’t know where exactly but part of me is tempted to just get in my car, pick a direction and drive.  It doesn’t need to be a long vacation type deal, just a weekend getaway.  The past couple weekends I’ve pretty much just hung around the apartment trying to find ways to entertain myself.  Let me tell you, I get bored of myself pretty damn quick.  Don’t get me wrong, I could watch reruns of my favorite TV shows or movies or read a book, but as much as I enjoy them, it can sometimes feel like I’m just wasting my life sitting on the couch.  Sometimes I’m watching a show or reading a book and wishing so bad that my life were as interesting as the characters in them.  I need to stop wishing and start doing!

It might be easier to go on one of these weekend adventures if I had some friends in the area to drag along.  Ok, maybe not easier, but definitely more fun.  I wonder if any of my friends are as secretly adventurous as I am.  This is so sad, I need an escape.  The REALLY sad part is that in a couple hours this feeling will subside and I will slip back into the comfortable confines of the familiar. 

Happy Friday, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment