Monday, January 9, 2012

The Weekender

The past few weeks have been some of the most stressful of my life.  So this weekend I tried to put all my stressful thoughts aside for awhile and just enjoy myself. 
On Friday night Nikki and I went for dinner at Zia’s at the Red Door in downtown Harrisburg.  This was the first time for me at this particular restaurant and I told myself I was going to step out of my comfort zone a bit.  For an appetizer we got fried calamari with marinara, which was absolutely delicious.  It’s crazy how someone can take such an ugly animal and make it so yummy.  For my main course I got pesto roasted Chilean sea bass with asparagus and corn risotto.  It was probably the most moist, flakey piece of fish I’ve ever eaten.  All-in-all our experience was fantastic and I would highly recommend it to all my friends.  Sorry I don’t have any pictures; guess that’s what I get for still having a crappy flip-phone.
Saturday was fairly uneventful.  Most of it was spent lounging in front of the TV on my incredibly comfortable love seat.
Sunday saw me pick up my guitar for the first time.  I’ve been reading my Guitar for Dummies book and the first few chapters don’t really have much to do with actually playing.  Sunday however, I worked on positioning the guitar, hand placement, tuning the guitar, and even attempted a few chords (poorly).  One of the most difficult things about playing the guitar, according to my book, is building up the muscles in your left hand in order to depress the strings properly.  Guess I need to start using my left hand more.
Now the weekend is over and it’s back to work and back to my stressful thoughts.  Oh well, maybe if I just ignore them they’ll go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment