Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Music

So I’ve been dying for some new music recently.  I’ve been finding little songs here and there to kind of wet my appetite, but up until a couple weeks ago I hadn’t really found a new band that I liked enough to buy an entire album.  That all changed when I listened to Goldspot’s album Tally of the Yes Men. 
I first heard their song Rewind on an episode of How I Met Your Mother and decided to give them a try.  Best decision of 2011, by far.  I have been listening to it nonstop for about a week now.  The lead singer is an Indian guy by the name of Siddhartha Khosla, which makes his voice that much more impressive.
My favorite songs on the album are, in order, 1)Motorcade, 2)Friday, 3)Rewind, 4)The Assistant, and 5)Time Bomb.  The rest are pretty good as well, but those are definitely in a class of their own.  If you haven’t heard them before I highly recommend you give them a listen.

In other music news, I am currently trying to catch up on my Death Cab.  I’ve been slacking and a recent Google search enlightened me to the fact that they put out two new albums while my back was turned.  Very sneaky.  Anyway, I haven’t gotten to listen to much of either one so far but this song kind of caught my ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment