Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday, Lazy Sunday

Back by popular demand...


Coming Down

A hundred snowflakes, maybe more
Caught my eye as gracefully they fell
And made me wish I could be one
Set out against the evening sky
Among a hundred of my brothers,
All of them twirling just like me
Down through the darkest shades of gray
Of winter’s atmosphere.

Some of my tiny siblings set down
Atop the roofs of modest homes,
Some clung to the church’s lofty spires,
Still countless others lined the ground.

But me, I saw a little girl
Spinning slowly beneath a street light.
Her hair was wet with captured snow
And her face concealed the shifting heat
As she held her warm tongue out,
Just hoping for a single flake.

And as I neared the ground I thought,
If my path should lead me there
And let me be the first she tastes
I’d gladly melt away.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT SO FREAKING MUCH.

    I just read it to my mom and she choked up.
    YOU ROCK AARON. F'real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll make sure and remember you when I'm famous ;-).

      Delete
    2. I don't know what I would do, but I kind of want to like, make a painting and post lines from this on it or something creative. I'd obviously credit you. Would that be okay?

      Delete
    3. That would be bad ass! Sometimes I really wish I could paint because I can't tell you how much of my stuff is inspired by these vivid images/dreams I have.

      Delete