Thursday, July 26, 2012

The (Cult) "Classics"

I love movies.  I love how they take you somewhere else, how they take your mind off of your life for a few hours.  Growing up, my family didn't have much money so that meant (for the most part) going to the movies was out of the question.  The movies I saw as a kid were old VHS's that my mother had picked out and most of them weren't what you'd consider mainstream.  My mom had a thing for musicals and I'm ashamed to say that I've seen quite a few (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Sound of Music, 1776, etc.) and still know the words to a number of their more catchy tunes.  As I've gotten older, I've tried to make a point to see some of the classics I missed out on as a kid.  I always catch flack from my friends when they hear some of the movies on my "never saw it" list.  The following is a small excerpt from that list (some of which I would very much like to see, and others not so much):

1. The Godfather
2. Schindler's List
3. Pulp Fiction
4. E.T. The Extraterrestrial
5. Fight Club
6. The Exorcist
7. The Big Lebowski
8. Wayne's World
9. The Usual Suspects
10. The Boondock Saints




No comments:

Post a Comment