Thursday, July 19, 2012

On Tap: United States of Beer

Hello again.  I thought I'd start off this segment of On Tap with a little map I found during a recent stroll through the internet.  The map basically breaks down the best breweries by state, as voted on by you, the people.  I had to shrink the picture to fit it on the blog, so in order to be able to read the column on the left you'll have to go to the actual website.  I want to try a beer from all 50 states!


Okay, now for some of my recent samplings.  First up we have Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale.  Besides being a mouthful (name-wise) it was fairly underwhelming.  It had a slight floral taste and a much more significant bite than I was expecting, especially considering it's a wheat beer.  A very forgettable beer to say the least.


Next up, we have the Danish beer, Carlsberg.  Carlsberg is a lager in the truest sense of the word.  While it's taste is not all that different from just about any other lager, I did notice several slight improvements.  The bitterness of this lager didn't linger nearly as long as some other lagers I've tried and on the whole it was a fairly light and refreshing brew.  It's low alcohol content also makes it a beer you can enjoy without worrying about a loss of inhibition.

Well, unfortunately that's all I've got for this week.  I keep meaning to make a trip to Wegman's for a six-pack; maybe today will be the day I finally remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment