Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stumble Upon


So often I'll be surfing my usual websites, looking for content that interests me, only to find the same old junk. Usually, I find new sites, articles, etc. through recommendations from my friends and family.  However, recently I stumbled upon StumbleUpon.  StumbleUpon bills itself as a "discovery engine" that finds and recommends web content to its users based on pre-selected interests.  Its features allow users to rate Web pages, photos, and videos that are personalized to their tastes and interests using social networking principles.


StumbleUpon has been around since 2001, but as usual, yours truly was late to the party.  I also could swear that someone showed me this before, but for the life of me I can't remember who.  Regardless, I started  using it today and was fairly happy with the results.  If you've never used the site before, give it a try!  You might find something you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment