Monday, June 11, 2012

Cleveland Rocks

This past weekend was awesome.  Nikki and I took a trip to Cleveland to see one of my favorite bands of all time, The Shins.  The concert was incredible, James Mercer certainly knows how to put on a show.  In addition to seeing The Shins, I also got exposed to another artist I liked, their opening act, Deep Sea Diver (i.e. Jessica Dobson and a bunch of other guys).  I haven't gotten a chance to listen to much since the concert, but she has a great voice and I liked her sound, so there's some definite potential there.

Some other things we did while in Cleveland included touring a WWII era submarine, enjoying (insert sarcasm) tons of public transportation, walking around the West Side Market, and visiting the Lake View Cemetery.  While I didn't get to do everything I wanted to, the most important thing (the concert) went off without a hitch and I can now cross one more thing off the bucket list.  Now it's back to the grind.  Here's to hoping this week goes by quick!









No comments:

Post a Comment