Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Road Trip

We’re well into March guys and though it still feels like winter, I can’t help but look ahead to spring and particularly, summer.  I’ve been thinking a lot about things I want to do in my life and fun summer trips are definitely up there on the list.  I usually make the obligatory trip to the ocean, which I thoroughly enjoy, but the rest of the summer is usually spent lounging around and being lazy; I want to change this.  Summer provides me with a significant lull in my work load and I need to take advantage of it.

When I think about places I might want to visit, I usually end up day dreaming more about the drive than the actual destination.  I love the idea of road trips with friends and family to far away destinations, cruising the highway in fun summer clothes, my favorite tunes blasting through the stereo, stopping at random restaurants that end up being awesome (or awesomely bad).   I would love to pile into a car with the people close to me and hit the open road, ditching my GPS in favor of old school maps and my intuition.  To me, the adventure is half the fun (if not more) and anything you can do along the way to make things more unpredictable, the better.  It’s been my experience that the best memories are made when the unexpected happens.

As for places to go, I’m wide open.  I’d love to eventually see all 50 states, but there are definitely ones that take priority.  I hear Boston and Maine are beautiful and I’m sure they’d provide excellent picture taking opportunities.  I would love to see the Grand Canyon some day.  Lots of places in California I’d like to visit.  But the destination doesn’t HAVE to be anything special; like I said, I’m all about the adventure.  I’d travel half-way across the country to hear one of my favorite bands, go to an amusement park, eat at a cool restaurant I saw while watching the Food Network, it doesn’t matter.  To some people it might sound crazy to drive all that way for a concert or a restaurant, but to me, you’re doing it as much for the adventure as you are to get where it is you’re going.

No comments:

Post a Comment